Today comes CraftStudio 0.1.17.0, which is mostly a bugfix release. But that’s not all! I’m very happy to announce this is also the first release available for Mac OS X too!
CraftStudio for Mac!
Let’s get to the point: You can download the installer from http://craftstud.io/files/OSX/CraftStudio.pkg.
You’ll need the Mono runtime from http://www.go-mono.com/mono-downloads/download.html (Pick “stable Mac OS X” and then “runtime”)
CraftStudio should run on OS X 10.6 or newer. If you’re running OS X Mountain Lion (10.8), you might need to right-click and select “Open With > Installer” to start it, otherwise it will complain about the package not being properly signed. (I’ve started to look into properly signing future versions)
Seeing as this is the first release, all I know for now is that it works for me ;). If you encounter any bugs, please report them in this forum thread. Thanks!
The Mac port is powered by the open source project MonoGame. Huge thanks go to them for their hard work!
Now here’s the list of changes introduced in this version:
- Fixed rotating the camera with Alt+Left click when using the cuboid selection tool in maps
- Fixed a bug with map selection rendering when using non-16 tile size
- Updated the server & server manager icons to use the Ubuntu font & have more sizes besides 16×16
- Spectators cannot use the “/export minecraft” command anymore. This was requested to avoid making it too easy to leech assets from someone else’s server.
- The Minecraft export dialogs now keep the selected directory in memory, so when you do multiple exports, you won’t have to browse for it each time.
- Fixed a crash when closing a model tab with an active animation while disconnected (Thanks mikerman50 for the report!)
- Fixed a rare crash when the client was disconnected while waiting for project creation
- Map renderers are now warmed up when a scene is loaded so the first chunk appears right away
- The server now logs folder / asset name changes
- When loading a project, the project name is now logged rather than the opaque GUID