On Saturday night I ran a short test of Master of the Grid, my MMO trivia game show side-project (unrelated to CraftStudio). It was tons of fun, about 20 people quickly filled up the grid and we played 3 rounds together. Dan Dias came out as the overall Master of the Grid with 5.299.580 sparkleys (= points)!
I wrote down a bunch of stuff I need to fix (sparkleys go up WAY TOO FAST for instance ) and improve for the next test (thanks for all the feedback). I’ll plan to run another test by the end of the week so stay tuned.
I’m not exactly sure where I’m going with this game yet (especially in terms of how it could bring any revenue) but it’s an exciting adventure anyway!
And now, back to CraftStudio… I just released CraftStudio 0.1.15.0 (along with the 0.1.13.0 server) which is a modest update featuring improvements & fixes that have accumulated over the past two weeks.
Find and open assets quickly
When your projects grow too big, it becomes cumbersome to browse through all your assets. As a temporary workaround, I had implemented “/search” and “/open” chat commands a few months back. Well, forget all about them, and check out this new search popup Matthew implemented just before he left.
The popup can be triggered by hitting Ctrl+O.
The new CraftStudio.Screen API lets you set and get the window size and decide whether it should be user-resizable or not. Fairly simple:
# Get the window size local size = CraftStudio.Screen.GetSize() print( "Width: " + size.x ) print( "Height: " + size.y ) # Set the window size and prevent the player from resizing CraftStudio.Screen.SetSize( 1280, 800 ) CraftStudio.Screen.SetResizable( false )
(A function to switch to full screen mode is planned too but I left it out for now as it’s still buggy.)
Misc improvements & bug fixes
- Ctrl+D can now be used to duplicate model blocks and game objects
- When creating a new game control, the edit box will now prevent you from entering spaces in the name (since they aren’t allowed)
- Fixed map revisions not writing map chunks, only header data. This is a pretty bad bug that made saving map revisions useless. Make sure to create new revisions of your maps now that it works again.
- GameObject:GetParent() now returns nil (as documented) when there is no parent, instead of throwing an error (thanks Dan)
- Fixed Vector3.Dot and Vector3.Angle API functions (thanks Jaunmakenro for the report)
- Fixed a crash when opening a script or document after importing it from another project
- Fixed a crash with ordered lists in documents & whiteboard (thanks Dan)
- Fixed a couple bugs in list & tree widgets